Friday, April 4, 2008

My Daring Adventures


As a follow up to my ABC's, I thought I would post some rare pictures of me doing things that are a little daring. This first picture is from New Year's weekend in 2000. I went to Texas with my dear friend, Pam Clark. The story is quite funny...you see, her mother worked for US Air and we got really cheap tickets flying stand by. We wanted to go to LA, but that was pure foolishness. We flew from Cincinnati to Pittsburgh where we checked all the available flights to the west and then started sitting at gates. We finally made it on a plane that took us to Dallas. We rented a car and got a hotel room for the weekend. This picture was taken at the Fort Worth Stock yards.
This man was walking up and down the street. He would let people get on the cow for pictures. Pam (who had lots of experience riding horses) was able to get right up there on the cow. Now, for me it was a little different. The man (standing there next to the cow) said, "If you can get your foot up in that stirrup, I can get you on that cow." Being the daredevil that I am, I said, "No problem!" I stepped up as high as I could and got my foot in the stirrup. Then jumped. He pushed. I pulled and you know, I got on that cow. Great picture, don't you think?
Pam and I had so much fun on this trip that we decided to do it again. In my next posting, I'll show the infamous "Sylvia on a mule" picture from when we went to the Dude Ranch in Montana. I am really thankful for my adventurous spirit. I am especially thankful that even though I have a lot of "body" I have enough muscle to do just about anything I want.

7 comments:

Rob and Crys said...

Cool. I grew up around cows and horse, but never have been on either. I can't say I really want to either. What a fun memory.

Rob and Crys said...

By the way, that comment was from the Crys of the Rob&Crys lemon blogger name, not Rob. To be honest I do not know if Rob has ever been on a cow either.

Steve and Jamie said...

I love the picture. You are pretty brave. I think I would be a little chicken.

Mama D said...

How fun! I'm not much of a daredevil myself... Can't wait for the next adventure and picture.

Patty said...

That looks and sounds like a trip I would have LOVED to have gone on! I'd have been standing in line to sit on the cow!
I love your adventurous nature... and the pictures to go with it!!

Papa D said...

On the cow is MUCH better than marching behind it (or a horse) while trying to maintain formation in a parade. Don't ask how I know that; I've repressed the memory.

Corrie- said...

You like you're having so much fun in that picture! Your trip sounded like it was a blast! Don't you just love vacations?